Final Call For Funding Applications For Fishing Communities.
Funding Opportunity up to £125,000 for Fishing Dependent Communities.
South East Area Fisheries Local Action Group (SEA FLAG) invites final applications for grant aid under the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund Programme 2014-2020, co-funded by the European Union and the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs.
Two further application rounds have been set for this year, and these will be the last chance to access funding from the 2014-20 programme. Projects must be completed by October 2022.
Penultime Call : Wednesday 26 August 2020 at 5pm.
Final Call : Wednesday 30 September 2020 at 5pm.
Any application submitted after the final closing date and time will not be accepted.
Project proposals must be consistent with the FLAG Local Development Strategy and address one or more of the following themes:
- Adding value to fishery and aquaculture products.
- Support for diversification of fisheries and aquaculture sectors.
- Promoting innovation in fisheries and aquaculture.
- Lifelong learning, attracting young people into fisheries, aquaculture, and marine-related careers and activities.
- Creating jobs and stimulating economic growth in fishing, aquaculture and marine based industries.
- Promoting social well-being and cultural heritage in fisheries, aquaculture and maritime areas.
- Developing and enhancing environmental assets of the fisheries areas
- Strengthening the role and governance of fisheries communities in local development.
Projects must be based within Ardglass, Kilkeel, Portavogie or surrounding areas and demonstrate how the proposed project will impact on the fishing dependent communities.
PLEASE NOTE: There are a number of prerequisites when applying for funding to this programme which must be submitted before or along with a full application.
SEA FLAG is taking bookings for one-to-one virtual workshops to provide information and guidance, to include procurement/tender preparation and application form writing.
To register or for further information contact the team on 0330 137 4051
or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting or discuss any potential projects.
Further information and sample projects are available on: www.seaflag.co.uk