BALLYMOTE CENTRE MANAGER:
Ballymote Centre, 40 Killough Road, Downpatrick, Co Down, BT30 6PY.
Ballymote Community Project Ltd is one of the most successful social enterprises in Northern Ireland. It is managed by a voluntary board of Directors and is now seeking to appoint a Centre Manager.
Fully occupied since 1997, the centre now boasts a major local Supermarket, Butchers, Pharmacy, Hairdresser, Charity shop, Chinese take-away and Beauticians. A ground floor Childrens centre provides playgroup and after school facilities for local families managed by Action For Children and Surestart.
Community offices upstairs are the base for a wide range of community development and a 3000 square feet community Hall is booked most days and evenings by Special Olympics, Bands, Bingo, Irish Dancing and indoor Archery, as well as conferences and training events by a wide range of organisations.
Main Purpose of The Role…
- In conjunction with the Board provide focus and vision for the development of Ballymote Centre through expansion of its services, encouraging new tenants and businesses.
- Protecting and extending all income generation opportunities, including grant and funding applications, for the Ballymote Community Project Ltd, managing all expenditure to pre-agreed budgets and contributing to the financial Business Plan targets.
Requirements for The Role
- Experience in financial management and budget forecasting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including strong presentation and influencing skills.
- Evidence of effective analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and maintain effective, long-term business relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software, email and the internet.
- Experience in a similar role.
For an application pack, including a job description, person specification and application form please contact our HR Consultant Kieran McMahon on:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07849 881492
Completed applications must be returned by 5pm Friday 30 April 2021
(Please note we reserve the right to enhance the criteria at shortlisting stage.)