SEPTEMBER 29, 2012 will be remembered as one of those great Orange occasions.
A day when Ulster men and women gathered in their tens of thousands to celebrate the centenary of a defining point in their history, the signing of the Ulster Solemn League and Covenant and related Women’s Declaration.
Announcing a Province -wide photograph competition, A spokesman for the Organe Order said: “It was a day the sun shone, a day of pageantry, colour and music, a day of re-enactment and Christian thanksgiving.
“Did you take a photograph that reflects the ‘Spirit of the Covenant’ on the day?
“It may be a photo of a person, the crowds, those on parade, those watching – it may be of the City Hall, a flag, Stormont whatever.
“The competition seeks to attract entries that reflect the fun and enjoyment of the day or an image that summarises the sense of occasion and historic significance of the Centenary celebrations.
“Enter a picture in the competition in order to capture the atmosphere of September 29 for future generations.
“The first prize will be £250, second prize £100 and third prize £50; winners will be notified within four weeks of the closing date. The entries will be judged by a panel of experts whose decision will be final. The competition is open to professional and amateur photographers. Images may have been taken on any camera or camera phone and you may adjust and edit your images to optimise the photograph, both colour and B+W images will be accepted.”
How to enter
Entries can be submitted by post to:-
Mr J Craig, 7 Brookmount Street, Belfast, BT13 3AP.
Entries submitted by post cannot be returned
Or send a high resolution jpeg to-
The maximum file size for uploaded images is 3 Mb
All entries must be accompanied by your full name, address, daytime telephone number, if under 18 years of age – date of birth.
- The photograph must have been taken on September 29
- Closing date is 31 December 2012
- Maximum three entries per person
- All images must be original works and no copyright and/or trademark infringement rights have been violated and necessary permissions, if applicable, have been sought
- Orangefest has the right to publish the photograph as they deem appropriate. Where an image is reproduced by Orangefest the photographer will be credited
- Orangefest take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt