Kickboxers Perform Well In St Patrick's Day Fights

Tarr was visibly rocked in the first round and took a standing count from the referee in the second and stopped in the third from a barrage of hands and feet before Scottish referee Mr Gary Langford called a halt at 1.21 of the third round just as Tarr’s own corner was waving off the fight from unanswered blows. One of the few all Celtic battles fought on the night was that of up and coming Ballynahinch fighter Davy Foster as he faced Dave Mannion from Ken Horan’s gym in Galway. It was a tough first round for both fighters as they went toe to toe using effective boxing techniques and keeping each other at bay to draw a hard, physical opening round. However it was local man Foster who came through with some impressive boxing skill to tip the scales in round two. Both fighters gave everything they had in the third and final round but it was the Father of four Davy Foster that got the nod from all three judges. [caption id="attachment_21670" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Foster delivers a punch."][/caption] The duel headlining bout, Irish rising star Mark Bird, secured his place for an amateur world title shot in June this year in Cyprus by knocking out Swiss opponent Diego Diserens with a clean one punch left hook that ended the match immediately in the first round. It was a happy household for the Birds as Younger brother David was victorious in his match up against Mattio Lo Valvo of Switzerland. Peter Rusk celebrated St Patrick’s Day with a bang. The aircraft Engineer made a triumphant return to the ring in his comeback match after nearly four years off with a decisive first round KO over tough English opponent Jamie Hopcraft. The former British title holder with a 15 fight record is hoping to make a bang in the light heavyweight division. If climbing into the ring on Thursday night was not enough, the Prokick fighter flew out to Rome, Italy and took part in an International marathon. Rusk dubbed as ‘the marathon man’ flew straight out to Italy the very next day and completed the marathon in an astonishing 3 hours 48 minutes. Mere moments after he completed the arduous run, Rusk e-mailed ProKick head coach and former world champion Billy Murray and stated that he “enjoyed the run even though the legs are a bit sore!” He aims to continue his winning form at the next available opportunity and cannot wait to get back into the ring again. A massive well done from all here at ProKick!! For pictures and video from the St Patrick’s Day Bash log onto]]>