Industrial Action on Wednesday 18th December.
A spokesperson for the Southern Health and Social Care Trust said in light of planned Industrial Action scheduled for Wednesday December 18th 2019, there will be significant disruption to health and social care services across the Southern Trust.
- The Minor Injuries Unit in South Tyrone Hospital, Dungannon will be closed on Wednesday, re-opening Thursday morning at 9am. Emergency Departments at Daisy Hill and Craigavon Hospitals will be open, but expected to be very busy and we will always prioritise the most urgent patients.
- A small number of planned operations have been cancelled on Tuesday 17th December – 4 in total. The majority of planned in-patient and day case surgery has been postponed on Wednesday 18th December – total 75 patients. Emergency surgery will go ahead.
- All community mental health services at Trasna House in Lurgan will be closed all day on Wednesday, December 18th. Anyone who requires urgent care should contact their GP who will have access to Emergency and Urgent Mental Health services.
- All day centres/resource centres will be closed – 21 in total.
|Day Centres||Mental Health Resource Centres and Disability Day Centres|
|Lisanally Keady Clogher Edenderry Orchard Meadows Donard Crozier||Windsor Day Centre, Newry Laurels Day Centre, Newry Binnian Day Centre, Kilkeel Millview Day Centre, Bessbrook Crossmaglen Day Centre Aughnacloy (McCague) Centre Gortgonis Centre Coalisland Appleby Day Centre Armagh Oakridge Day Centre Dungannon Station Road Day Centre Armagh Linenbridge Day Centre, Banbridge Bannvale Day Centre, Gilford Manor Day Centre, Lurgan Day Opportunities Trust Wide|
- The majority of outpatient appointments have been postponed – a total of 1029 patients. Patients affected have been notified.
- Community based clinics and services will also be affected – 172 appointments have been cancelled. Patients have been notified.
- District nursing service will be limited in all areas to essential calls only.
- Domiciliary Care will only be provided to the most dependent service users. Clients have been advised.
- There will be no canteen/coffee bar facilities available in the Trust – only patient meals will be provided.
The Trust will do everything possible to keep services running, but in many areas we will be working with significantly reduced staffing. This includes a reduced service on our switchboards which may lead to delays answering calls. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.