* The draw for July will be held on Friday 27th July after the club’s Annual Golf Day. All outstanding money needs to be paid before 3pm on Friday to a committee member or into Murphy’s Stores writes Tony McShane.
* The club’s Annual Golf Day will be on Friday 27th July at St Patrick’s Golf Course, Downpatrick. This golf day will be a shot gun start beginning at 3.30pm with the chance to win a car to the value of £10,000 sponsored by KPS Chartered Accountants at the 18th. To play in this event it will cost £15.00 for members & £25.00 for Non-members. This will include entry into the hole-in-one competition and food afterwards. There will also be cash prizes for a hole-in-one at the other par 3’s, closest to the pin and longest drive competitions. To enter please contact Mark Murphy 07738 637702 or Tony McShane 07716 853990.
* The ladies travelled to play second placed St James Swifts on last Wednesday and came away with a brilliant point to inch closer to the league title. Amy Higgins scored Downpatrick’s equaliser in the second have to secure the draw, Downpatrick now only need four points to secure the title from their three remaining games. Their attention turns to a cup semi-final this week when they welcome Ballynahinch Ladies to Dunleath. This match kicks off at 7.30pm.
* The club will be holding their annual soccer funweek on Monday 13th to Friday 17th August from 6.30pm – 8.00pm in St Dillon’s Avenue, it costs £15.00 for the first child, £10.00 for the child etc… for more information contact Paul Moore on 07549 661772.
* The coaches recently met to review last season and to make plans for next season, trials and open training sessions will be held at St Dillon’s pitch in July. Details of what age groups, times of training and days will be communicated in the next number of weeks.