* There was sad news this week at the passing of Sadie Poland, who was pre-deceased by her husband Pat. She was mother of member Aine Connolly mother-in-law of executive committee member Paul and grandmother to our playing members Gavin, Stephen and Aislinn Connolly. We wish to extend our sympathy to Poland & Connolly families and the wide family circle on their sad loss. Mary Queen of the Gael pray for them. Ar dheis de go raibh a anam dilis.
* There will be a meeting for all current adult hurlers & interested parties on Sunday 19th January 2014 in the club at 5.00pm writes Martin Maclean.
* Anyone interested in coaching juveniles (4 – 18 year olds) in boy’s football, girl’s football, hurling or camogie please contact John O’Neill on 07711737610. We are preparing for the new season and need as much help as possible.
* There will be a specific meeting of all those interested in coaching girls juvenile football on Friday 17 Jan at 8pm in the Social Club. The meeting will be very short and will primarily focus on the number of people (coaches and parents) we have interested in helping with girls football and at what levels we will compete. We appeal for as many people as possible (male or female) including parents of current players, members of the Ladies senior football panel to attend this meeting and to offer their services for the year ahead. This is critical if we are to offer our young girls the opportunity to play football in the year ahead.
* There will be a meeting of the Coaching Co-Ordination Committee for 9 – 10pm on Friday 17 January in the social club. Full attendance required.
* Juvenile Registration fees can now to be paid for 2014 to Ronan King, John O’Neill or Brian O’Neill. There will be registration sessions set up in February.
* Any belongings, items of clothing etc lying around the club will be dumped on Saturday 18 January 2014. If anyone has items which they have left in the club from the plays or the Strictly competition or otherwise, please come and lift them as they will be removed from the club premises this weekend.
* Executive Committee and the members wish to extend our best wishes to our Club President Kevin Rodgers who has been unwell recently. We wish him well and a speedy recovery and hope it is not too long before we see him about the club again
* Down Club Draw tickets are now available. The club are required to sell a minimum of 20 tickets at £120 each. Any Club member who wishes to purchase one please contact Brian Dougherty.
* The numbers for 12 January 2014 were lotto were 11, 17, 24 & 26. There were no jackpot and one £20 winners this week; Carol Cowan. Next week’s Jackpot is £5550.