Digital NMD – a dynamic collaboration between Southern Regional College, South Eastern Regional College and Newry, Mourne and Down District Council – is focusing on new and emerging technologies for small business.
A new initiative, led by Newry Mourne and Down District Council in partnership with Southern Regional College (SRC) and South Eastern Regional College (SERC) will help equip local businesses (SME’s) with the confidence, skills, and tools to benefit from the rapid growth of digital and emerging technologies.
The programme, entitled Digital NMD, will highlight the importance of innovation and growth and, over the course of the year, will help local businesses explore technologies such as Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), Internet of Things (IoT), Immersive Video content, 3D Printing, Big Data and more..
Guest Speakers include:
* Rory Clifford, Retinize (Virtual Reality);
* Dave Vincent – Chief Digital Officer – Tourism NI (Augmented Reality)
* Nigel McApline – Immersive Lab – Digital Catapult; (Immersive)
* Joe Rafferty – University of Ulster – Digital Catapult – LPWAN; (IoT)
* Martin Naughton – MN Tech – Introduction to the Internet of Things for Small Business;
Technology Demonstration Stands from:
* Retinize (VR)
* RPS – Bim Modeling and VR in Construction (VR)
* Tourism NI – Augmented Reality Frameworks (AR/VR)
* Lava Group (IoT)
* SmartVent (IoT)
* SERC and SRC
* Digital Catapult
Support stands from:
* SERC and SRC
* Invest NI – Innovation Vouchers
* Tourism NI
* NMD Council
When is this happening?
The programme officially launches on 21 March from 12pm to 2pm in the Burrendale Hotel where businesses can try a range of demonstrations, hear from guest speakers and learn more about the support on offer through the programme.