THIS year is the tercentenary at Rademon, the First Kilmore Non-Subscribing Presbyterian Church. The members will be celebrating this event of the formation of the church in 1713.
The present meeting house was built in 1787 during the ministry of the Rev.Moses Neilson who also ran an Academy close by. The meeting house was renovated in 2002 to restore its original structural standard.
Church member Terence Chambers said: “Of course we have also moved with the times by installing oil-fired central heating in place of the pot belly stoves in each aisle and electric lighting instead of the old oil lamps. Otherwise the building is basically similar to the 1787 version.[caption id="attachment_39295" align="alignleft" width="390"] Rademon Church near Crossgar Co Down is celebrating its 300 years anniversary.[/caption]
“To celebrate our tercentenary we will hold a special musical service at 3.00pm on Sunday 2 June where the speaker will be Dr. John Nelson, a noted historian of the denomination, and the praise will be led by the Quoile Women’s Institute choir.
“The celebrations will continue when the meeting house will be open during the European Heritage Open Days weekend of 14-15 September. This will include a special service at 3.30pm on Sunday 15 September when the history of the buildings and the congregation will be presented by a local historian who is also a member of the congregation. There will also be an exhibition of memorabilia in the adjoining hall.”
Terence added: “Everyone is welcome to these events and, as usual, hospitality will be provided by the ladies to their usual high standard.
“We hope to see you at each of these occasions when visitors and friends will be made most welcome”.]]>